The open market consultation represents a specific phase during the overall PCP preparation, aiming at actively approach the market to find out about the state of the art and current development in the related sector. The market consultation phase is the initial core activity where the first dialogue between demand and supply side takes place.
Next Open meet-the- market events will be held :
Open Market Consultation is an essential part of PCP preparation phase for several reasons:
- encourages value-adding dialogue among stakeholders;
- reates awareness and knowledge about the project among potential bidders;
- allows the consortium to gain better insights on the market about state-of-the-art technologies and on-going developments;
- enables preliminary technical inspections to the operational contests where innovations will be introduced;
- enables networking and B2B (business-to-business) interactions and increases the opportunities for industries to form fit-for-purpose consortia and to take part in the envisaged procurement;
- checks the viability of the scope of the challenge and the range of deliverables to be procured under R&D contracts;
- identifies and mitigates market risks potentially able to endanger business goals and supplier performances;
- ultimately improves the PCP sustainability as the procurement preparation is enriched with stakeholders feedback.