This privacy notice is provided in accordance with Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - “GDPR”) and in relation to the personal data submitted by filling in the registration form for the POSIDON PCP Expert Database.
1) IDENTITY AND CONTACTS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER - The Data Controller is Area di Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica di Trieste - Area Science Park, with headquarters in Trieste, Padriciano, 99, Italy. The data subject - the person the data submitted refers to - may contact the data controller by writing to the address above or sending an email to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org – PEC email@example.com .
2) CONTACS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER - Area Science Park appointed a Data Protection Officer pursuant to Article 38 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, who may be reached at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
3) PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING - The processing of the personal data submitted is required for filling in the registration form for the POSIDON PCP Expert Database. The legal basis of the processing lies in the legal requirements and Statute provisions of Area Science Park (Article 3, par. 1, letter b) and Article 3, par. 2, letter c) of the Statute), which regulate the implementation of projects aiming at the development of the competitiveness of enterprises and territories based on innovation, in cooperation with local, regional, national, international public institutions and with private subjects. The email address of the data subject shall be included, exclusively with his or her explicit and free consent, in the mailing list used to send updates on the various initiatives promoted by Area Science Park for the purpose above.
4) RECIPIENTS AND CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA - In addition to any communication and transmission in compliance with legal requirements and by order of the judicial authority, the data shall be transmitted to the project partners, i.e. the Port Network Authority of the Eastern Adriatic Sea - Port of Trieste, Ayuntamiento de Bilbao, Centro de Estudios Ambientales Ayuntamiento de Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spaque S.A., Baja do Tejio S.A., Fundacion Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Sara Bedin, Moragues and Scade Abogados S.A., Sociedad Publica Gestion Ambiental IHOBE S.A., as well as the European Commission.
5) PERIOD OF DATA RETENTION - The data subject to processing shall be retained for the period of time required for the purposes of the processing, i.e. 5 years, which corresponds to the project term.
6) RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT - In reference to the personal data submitted, the data subject is entitled to the following rights: a) access to personal data; b) rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing; c) objection to processing; d) data portability (applicable exclusively to data in a machine-readable format); e) lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority. Please not that in order to exercise the rights as per letters from a) to d), the data subject may send an email to the following address: email@example.com . Area Science Park is required to provide a response within one month from the request. That period may be extended to three months, taking into account the complexity of the subject matter.
7) COMPULSORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF DATA SUBMISSION AND CONSEQUENCES OF A FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA - The submission of the personal data is optional, but if you fail to provide the data required, you shall not be able to register to the POSIDON PCP Expert Database.